Hello, my name is Neesha Badhan. I am the new Community Co-ordinator at Artillery so you may well see me out and about with the public during the E17 Art Trail as well co-ordinating volunteers. I have worked in Waltham Forest for around 6 years in various community roles so here is my home from home and some of you might recognise me.
It’s very exciting to be working on this year’s E17 Art Trail as a creative but also as someone who loves to meet the public and see artist’s work. We have such a vibrant offer to share with you this year, thanks to the many wonderful artists who inhabit Waltham Forest – I hope you will join us on the Trail.
How you can help?
In order to make this year’s E17 Art Trail even better than ever we are going to need your support! We have several roles available for multiple people to undertake.
We would love to hear from people who can help with the following roles:
8th May - 16th June (intermittent days)
· Prepare bundles of printed materials for others to take out around the borough
· Distribute flyers, posters, trail guides in designated zones
· Be willing to go to train stations on various days to hand out trail guides to commuters and engage with them about the upcoming festival.
· Help to upload the vans full of trail guides that will be arriving on 8th May and get them to the many venues taking part.
· Are you a participating artist or venue – could you arrange to collect some for your workplace?
· Do you have your own mode of transport and could you help us get these around the borough.
30th May - 16th June (each weekend - some evenings)
Be the face of our festival. View the art and talk to others about what is on offer. Share your local knowledge with others and help them find their way around?
· Be friendly and welcoming to the public
· Attend training day 20th May 6pm-9pm and the preview night 30th May 2019 12pm-4pm or 4.30pm-8.30pm
· Go along to E17 Art Trail events and champion them to people you meet
· Help with directions and insider information about the festival
· Capture feedback by talking to the public about their experiences
There are several events which will need a few people to support them who are;
· Practical and hands on
· Task oriented and able to follow instruction
· Logical thinkers who can work well under pressure
· Experienced technical abilities in behind the scenes activities, electrician, carpenter, sound technicians, engineer etc
· Have an awareness of health and safety issues
· Would like to gain experience in event delivery
Throughout the art trail and including the opening event we would appreciate support capturing the spirit of events and exhibitions for archives and press purpose. You will need;
· Your own camera / equipment in order to take photographs
· Access to the internet and way of communicating with Artillery.
· An interest in the E17 Art Trail
· Willingness to share images with us for use on social media and further archive.
On the lead up to and during the festival we would like to have some administrative support to work with the photographers in order to help capture the stories and archive for future reference. Do you have experience of archiving and photography? You will need
· A sound knowledge of current photography programmes (Lightroom)
· A keen eye for detail
· Archiving skills
· IT skills
· Ability to collaborate well and follow the creative brief
How to apply
If you are interested in being involved and volunteering with us for this year’s festival, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - please let me know of any relevant experience you may have and a how to best contact you.
I will get back to you as soon as possible.