Welcome to the Walthamstow E17 Art Trail 2021!
Here are some of the ways to make the most of your visit...
E17 Art Trail Festival Hub
Gnome House, Lower Ground Floor, 7 Blackhorse Lane, Walthamstow, E17 6DS
Make Gnome House your first port of call to find out more about the E17 Art Trail. Pick up a Trail Guide, meet artists, enjoy the buzz and see some great art in the Possible Futures Exhibition.
Free and open to all, our E17 Art Trail Walking Tours are a social and relaxed way to visit a host of art trail exhibitions. A different route each time, walks are approx. 2 hours. Please book via the links below.
- 11am, 3rd July: Outside Wood Street Library
- 1:30pm, 11th July: Outside Gnome House
- 1.30pm, 16th July: Outside The Mill
Taking to two wheels can be the quickest way to get about on the trail.
These three routes link to make a long ride, or form three shorter rides, accessing a series of the outdoor exhibition spaces.
- E17 Art Trail Outdoor Sites – North
- E17 Art Trail Outdoor Sites – South
- E17 Art Trail Outdoor Sites – South West
The routes use quiet roads, where possible, with occasional short walking sections (footpaths & one way streets).
This is a link to further cycle routes around Walthamstow - bridgetsbikeroutes.wordpress.com
Below is the E17 Art Trail Accessibility Information. You can also download the information as a PDF by clicking here.
Please email, phone or text for a copy or more information.
We have encouraged our artists and makers to do as much as they can to provide access to their exhibitions and events, taking into account that many have limited resources, and many Art Trail activities take place in people’s homes and private studios. Because it won’t be possible to provide access for all at all exhibitions and events, one of our priorities has been to provide more information about accessibility, in order to support people to make informed choices.
Below is the E17 Art Trail Visual Story. You can also download the information as a PDF by clicking here.
Times, dates and venues were correct at the time of going to press, however, there may be variations due to unforeseen circumstances.
Thank you for supporting this local creative community. Your support really matters, especially after the past year. Buying locally produced artwork helps local creatives to continue to work. Giving your feedback is invaluable to artists in developing their creative projects. Artists tell us that the E17 Art Trail is somewhere they can test their ideas with a generous audience and that the conversations they have with you influences their next steps.
Most of the locations you visit will not be purpose built arts centres but are instead an intriguing mix of homes, studios, businesses and community spaces. Throughout their preparations for this festival, artists have been finding solutions to welcome visitors to their art works without compromising public health.
As we go to print, restrictions have been cautiously lifted to Step 3, we cannot predict exactly what restrictions will be in place in July.
Please help make this an enjoyable, safe festival by:
• Booking to attend events and exhibitions where indicated - this year some events and exhibitions have booking systems to manage numbers.
• Let the artist know promptly if you can no longer attend a booked time slot - your booking can be released for someone else to use.
• Please remember, some exhibitors have a limited number of time slots available - please do honour your booking. If you are struggling to book for an exhibition that you are especially interested in, do contact the artist to try and arrange a visit by appointment.
• Please respect each venue’s capacity - Each venue will have its own capacity on display. Please be aware you may need to queue or come back later.
• Bring your own refreshments! This year artists are discouraged from offering their usual hospitality for safety reasons. Refuel at cafes, pubs or breweries hosting E17 Art Trail exhibitions, or try our independent supporters in Eat, Drink and Be Arty.
Please follow guidelines everywhere.
HANDS – FACE – SPACE – FRESH AIR
The E17 Art Trail Team
Laura Kerry, Morag McGuire, Farah Ishaq, Penny Rutterford, Bob Bicknell-Knight, E17 Art Trail volunteers and artists.