Hello, my name is Helen Johnston. I’m the Volunteer Coordinator for the E17 Art Trail. I have worked and volunteered at The Mill on Coppermill Lane for ten years, and been involved in many Walthamstow community and arts projects.
I’m really looking forward to working with the E17 Art Trail volunteers to support the artists and participants. Local Walthamstow artists and makers have created an exciting programme of events and exhibitions, but this year brings with it extra challenges, and our volunteers will be more important than ever to help make everything run smoothly. I hope you can get involved.
How you can help
In order to make this year’s E17 Art Trail even better than ever we are going to need your support! We have several roles available for multiple people to undertake in the lead up to the E17 Art Trail from 3 June 2021, and during the Art Trail itself from 1 – 18 July 2021.
We’re going to be particularly busy on Thursdays – Sundays during the Art Trail, but no matter how much time you can give, there will be ways you can help.
Help share the E17 Art Trail with the local community:
· Distribute flyers, posters, trail guides in designated areas
· Hand out trail guides at stations and other locations and engage with the public about the upcoming festival.
· From 1 – 18 July, welcome visitors to the E17 Art Trail Festival Hub, help them find out more about the Art Trail, share recommendations, local knowledge and help with directions, at Gnome House, Lower Ground floor, 7 Blackhorse Lane, Walthamstow E17 6DS
· Support events and venues with exhibition invigilation, stewarding and managing queues
· Be welcoming and friendly and provide great customer service
Provide practical and hands-on support to artists, venues and events:
· Welcome people to events and venues and support with exhibition invigilation, stewarding and managing queues
· Help with event and venue set up and pack down
· Be task oriented, able to follow instruction and work well under pressure
· Have an awareness of health and safety issues
Other ways to help
Please get in touch if you have skills and experience you think would be useful to support the E17 Art Trail. We’d particularly like to hear from you if you’ve experience of the following:
· Community Groups and Schools Outreach
· Admin support
· Communications/promotion(eg photography, blogging, film-making)
· Fundraising, business planning and research
· Archive development
How to apply
If you are interested in being involved and volunteering with us for this year’s Art Trail, please complete the application form below.
If you have any questions, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.